Mike McCandless is a veteran marketing executive, management consultant, and book publisher with experience in the tech, nonprofit, and higher education sectors.
Marketing content and business development strategies for businesses and nonprofits:
- Strategies and plans
- Digital marketing content producer
- Social media, e-mail and direct mail campaigns
- Brand development
- Sales and fundraising
- Strategies for lead generation, donor development
- Writing for fund development, grants, and promotions
Publisher & Editor
The Touchwood Press provides publishing services—book editing, production management, and marketing—for independent authors and organizations:
- Abella’s Diplomat — spy fiction (2018)
- LaCost: The Evolution of Jason — science fiction (2017)
- Mountain Vision: Lessons Beyond the Summit — memoir, adventure creative nonfiction (2016)
- Canal Chronicles: Stories of the I&M Canal and Northern Illinois — regional history (2015)
- The Divine Storyteller — fictional biography (2013)
- When War Comes Home — spiritual guidance for the spouses of PTSD sufferers (2009)
- The Combat Trauma Healing Manual — coming all the way home (2008)
- Annie and Bill: Living the American Promise
- Marcom: The Essentials of Effective Marketing Communication
- Dad’s Recipe Box: Family Favorite Recipes, Home Cooking Tips, and News from the Food Front
- 100 Things You Need to Know: A Guide for Today
- Marketaneous.com — marketing at the speed of change
- MinistryandMarketing.com — where the mission meets the marketplace
- Guy Cicero.com — reflections on culture, politics, and society
- The Year of Being Half-Norwegian.com — a writer explores ancestry and destiny
- DadsRecipeBox.com — favorite recipes, cooking how-to’s, and news from the food revolution
The Publish-It-Yourself Workshop helps independent creators publish their own books and other works themselves. The PIY Workshop can guide you and your manuscript to publication is just a few weeks.
- The Touchwood Press — Digital publishing and publishing services
- The Publish-It-Yourself Workshop — Learn to publish your book in six weeks for little or no cost.
- EweandMe.shop — Gifts, clothing, decor and more for sheep and lamb fans. Sheeparific!
- BusinessPro.me — a resource and advice bonanza for small business pros. (in development)
- Send a Friend a Card — Show friends and customers you appreciate them.